A great accomplishment by Marine Conservation Society Seychelles (MCSS). If only we could get every beach resort located in areas that have nesting turtles to develop such a program. Obviously this plan does nothing but help the turtle population and likely even brings awareness about other issues impacting sea turtles to tourists. Knowing that MCSS was able to accomplish such a large task, it made us wonder what their feelings are about artificial light coming from resort destinations located on or near turtle nesting ground in the Seychelles.
Tips for Project Ocean Readers:
- FREEZE – Turtles are frightened by movement.
- View nesting turtles from a distance where you are shielded by vegetation or from directly behind the turtle out of her field of vision.
- Do Not approach the turtle
- Do Not touch the turtle
- Do Not take flash photography
- Do Not block her passage back to the sea